103.7 the Shark - Sean

Friday, January 01, 2010

Happy New Year!!!


The decade is officially over. I've been blogging about my favorite things of 2009 and moments of the decade. My girl gave me her list of her ten favorite songs of the decade. I'm not even sure I can do this. Some you may know, some you may not. But here I go...


Foo Fighters - The Pretender (best band out there today)

Butch Walker - Don't Move (Butch is brilliant)

Velvet Revolver - Sucker Train Blues (aggressive, loud, rocks... Scott Weiland is the man)

Train - Drops of Jupiter (catchy... hated when I first heard it)

3 Doors Down - Kryptonite (just as good now as the first time I heard it)

Pink - So What! (coolest chick out there)

Fuel - Hemmorage (in My Hands) - (amazing song that still holds up today)

Outkast - Hey Ya! (how can you hate this song?)

System of a Down - Toxicity (one of a kind band that sounds like hell is coming thru the speakers)

The Darkness - I Believe In A Thing Called Love (i can't explain the many reasons I love this song)


Guess I should go with the records of the decade for me as well...


Velvet Revolver - Contraband

System of a Down - Toxicity

Butch Walker - Letters

Butch Walker - Left of Self Centered

Fuel - Something Like Human

Motley Crue - Saints of Los Angeles

Flyleaf - Flyleaf

Halestorm - Halestorm

Matchbox Twenty - More Than You Think You Are

No Doubt - Return of Saturn


Songs and records that I listened to the most of the last 10 years. Maybe not the most popular, the best selling, or hell, you might not even know who some are. But for me, these are the songs and records that still find their way into CD player, IPOD, etc.






1 Comments:

Blogger Freya said...

Flyleaf is on both my year and decade lists. They are consistently just fun to listen to. Their new stuff, in case you haven't heard, is available on their website: www.flyleafmusic.com

12:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home