103.7 the Shark - Sean

Monday, March 10, 2008

Sean Patrick's Phillies Preview


So I'm a huge Phillies fan. I've been watching them from about 1983 with my dad. Suffered thru alot of losing seasons, the end of '93 is a scar I still carry, and last year was just amazing. Then we got swepted. Alright, lets forget about that. Lets look forward to 2008. It's gonna be a great season. I know spring training isn't looking good right now. But spring training? Who cares? Here are the positives...


1. Two MVP's... Ryan Howard and Jimmy Rollins.

2. Chase Utley... maybe a third MVP.

3. Good, could be great, starting staff... Hamels, Myers, Kendrick, and Moyer.

4. Strong, deep lineup... Victorino, Burrell, Ruiz, Feliz, Werth, Jenkins, and a host of others added to the Phils three All Stars.

5. The Phans... the best in baseball.


The negatives...


1. 5th starter... Eaton? God No. And basically, there really isn't anyone else.

2. Bullpen... it could be good. but it could be awful. This worries me. Injuries always seem to bite the Phils in the bullpen.

3. The Phans... the toughest in baseball.


If healthy, I don't think the Mets are any match for the Phillies. The Mets pitching is aging and gets injured too often. And they are the Mets, from New York, who always finds a way to screw it up. Here's my prediction for the NL East...


Philles - 95-67

Mets - 90-72

Nationals - 78-84

Braves - 75-87

Marlins - 69-93


How far do they go? I don't know. But we're getting to the playoffs. We need a quick start and the Nationals are just the team the Phils need to start with. Here's to an exciting 2008 season...


GO PHILS!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home