103.7 the Shark - Sean

Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Losing some lbs!!!


So like a year and half ago I blogged about losing weight. I didn't and my weight loss blogs stopped. Oh, what a year and a half will change. A buddy of my at the station went on a low carb diet and lost 55 pounds in 8 months. Impressive. I started asking myself why not me? Why can't I give up bread, pasta, candy, cake, and such??? Turns out I can and it wasn't that hard. So about 7 or 8 weeks ago I went on a low carb diet. Gone was bread. Soda. Iced Tea. Pasta. Candy. Cake. Fast food. So I looked into what I can eat. Plenty of meat... chicken, pork, steak, and turkey. Seafood, but I can't stand seafood, so that's out. Cheese. Yes!!! Water, Crystal Light, and Flavored Water. I'm in. I've even searched out sugar free candy and cake, not too bad. And the big winner, low carb pasta that taste like regular pasta. Dreamfields. Look for it. Fantastic. Cheesesteaks and Chicken Cheesesteaks without bread. Pizza on low carb flat bread. Veggies and fruits are great too. Most fruit that I like I can't eat, but I'm eating strawberries and taking vitamins to supplement my lack of veggies and fruits. It's working pretty good. Alcohol you ask? Michelob Ultra is just 2.6 carbs a bottle. Miller Lite and Coors Light around 5 carbs. If you like shots, most are carb free. Just don't drink please. This is were I'm at in just about two months...


22 pounds lost.

XL shirts down to L shirts.

Size 36 pants to size 34.


I feel better. I'm more alert. I'm even working out a bit with walking, basketball, and situps. Weights are next. And it really wasn't that hard. I wish I started sooner. If you're looking to lose some lbs, maybe look into the low carb diet, it really works.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home